Edgewood UCC Reopening Guidelines
As the numbers of COVID19 cases decrease and vaccination rates increase it has been clear we need to revisit the reopening of the church guidelines. We all are anxious to be back together in a safe way, and we continue to prioritize equity and accessibility as we transition. We assume in our community that some members are vaccinated and some are not vaccinated (ie children under 12) and are committed to gathering in ways that welcome all. We encourage all members to receive a vaccination when and if this is possible. These guidelines are to assist you in making decisions related to meeting on church grounds only.
- Worship services will continue on Zoom through the summer as we work to prepare the sanctuary for a hybrid worship experience that will allow people to watch the service live-streamed from home or in the sanctuary. We anticipate gathering for worship in person by September.
- Outdoor gatherings at the church will mirror East Lansing’s outdoor gathering guidelines (currently 100 people) and masks are optional.
- Indoor meetings in the church building should be limited to 20 people and masks are recommended.
- All people who enter will sign in at the entrance to the church with contact information for contact tracing purposes.
- The church building will be open and resume regular hours during the week starting June 1st.
As always if you are feeling ill with symptoms of fever, cough or chills, please stay home for the safety of others. We appreciate your understanding in this time of transition as we adjust to being together again. Please feel free to email Cindy Winter (email@example.com) or Leah Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions related to these guidelines.
During this time of transition, we as a church and community will continue to gather in small virtual groups (Bible Studies, Book Clubs, Peace & Justice Education & Advocacy, etc.), as well as, online worship. There are a variety of ways to remain connected and we are happy you are with us!
Worship is available online every Sunday at 10 AM, and there are several ways to connect with Edgewood.
YouTube: Click here to link to our YouTube channel. All Sunday worship and holy week services are available to access on YouTube. A virtual bulletin can be found in the “E-Notes” section below.
Facebook: Click here to connect to our FaceBook page. Information for Edgewood events are posted here, and so are Sunday morning worship services. A virtual bulletin is located in the “E-Notes” section below. Click here to connect to our FaceBook – Community page. When we cannot be together in a physical space, we can still be together virtually. Current members and friends of Edgewood share thoughts/events, and support one another via this page.
Pledges: You are able to continue your pledge during this time by clicking on the button: GIVE NOW. We thank you for your continued support!
Pastor Information: Pastor Liz Miller is available for pastoral emergencies and may be contacted at email@example.com.
E-Notes: Our bi-weekly email newsletter “E-Notes” highlights what is coming up and ways to participate in Edgewood United Church digital events and activities. E-Notes also publicizes Edgewood supported community events. View the most recent E-Notes or subscribe below to receive E-Notes in your mailbox weekly.